Vision & Values
Ambition Resilience Community
Our Federation culture is embedded through our core values and these are at the heart of what we do. They are woven into our curriculum, underpin our teaching and learning and provide an environment which prepares our pupils to be confident and happy members of our community.
We teach our values through everything that we do, such as our well-developed, personalised PSHE curriculum as well as class- and whole-school assemblies and also through our day-to-day celebration of the steps every child is making towards improvement.
Our pupils have a strong sense of their roles, knowing that they have responsibilities to themselves, to those in their class, to their year group, to their school and to the wider world around them. They have high aspirations for their futures; they see learning as progress and want to achieve.
By following our values, we also ensure that new children settle extremely well into our schools. They quickly become part of our communities and develop the resilience to overcome change. One thing that makes our schools so special is the diverse communities that we serve with a range of cultural backgrounds and military roots. Our children celebrate these differences, seeking to know more.
The Federation of Wellington Community Primary School and Marlborough Infant School:
- Expects that everyone will aspire for excellence, reflecting in the outcomes for all learners in our local and wider community.
- Develops a self-belief in our own abilities and those of others.
- Values the learning opportunities that are experienced from a rich and diverse culture.
- Provides memorable opportunities, allowing us to show and share our aspirations for the future.
- Nurtures individuals in a safe, secure and welcoming environment.
- Is fun, and makes us laugh and smile.
- Is united with our community through a shared vision.
- Dares to dream and takes the steps to living those dreams.